For All Our Kids is pleased to announce the first Annual Book Review Contest, to promote reading, writing, and critical thinking. For every book review we receive, For All Our kids Will donate a book to our Rural India Library Project.
All book reviews must be submitted by Wednesday, March 31st, 2022.
What should you do?
- Ask your child to choose a book they enjoy. Any genre is welcome!
- Children must examine and express their opinions about the book’s plot, setting, characters, themes, or style. Would they recommend the book? Why or why not? What did they like/dislike about the book and why?
- Do not send us a retelling of the story. If you send in a book report, we will not consider it for the competition.
- The judges will look for voice and creative writing. Children will only compete among their age levels.
- Check for correct grammar and spelling!
- Send us an illustration to go with your review.
- The contest is open to all children in standards 3-8.
- The entry must be the child’s own work. If we find the same reviews by other writers, your review will be disqualified.
- Only one entry per student is allowed.
- Entries should be 200-500 words and be typed. We do not accept photos of children’s written work.
- Illustrations can be of any media, hand drawn or otherwise. Send us a photo of the illustration.
- Write the student’s name, school, grade, teacher’s name, and title of the book in the body of the email. The book review should contain only the title of the book.
- The judges’ decision is final. We will not consider any correspondence questioning the decision.
- The first prize is an amazon gift card of ₹1000.00 for each standard.
- The second prize is an amazon gift card of ₹ 500.00 for each standard.
- There will be ten certificates of participation for each standard.
- Winners will be announced on May 30th, 2022.
- The winning entries and other selected reviews will be published on our website, www.forallourkids.com.
Reviews should be emailed to email@example.com
No reviews will be accepted after the deadline. If you have any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org