For All Our Kids is pleased to announce the annual Book Review Contest 2023 to promote reading, writing, and critical thinking. For every book review we receive, For All Our Kids will donate a book to our Rural India Library Project.
All book reviews must be submitted by Friday, June 30th, 2023.
Book Review Guidelines:
What should you do?
- Choose a book you enjoy and write a review. Any genre is welcome!
- Children must examine and express their opinions about the book’s plot, setting, characters, themes, or style. Would they recommend the book? Why (or why not)? What did they like/dislike about the book and why? Who was their favourite character, and why? What did they learn from the book? Would they have done something differently if they were in the story? We will not accept a review without the opinion section.
- Do not send us a retelling of the story alone. If you send a book report, we will not consider it for the competition.
- The judges will look for voice and creative writing. Children will only compete among their age levels.
- Check for correct grammar and spelling!
- Send us an illustration to go with your review.
Book Review Contest Rules:
- The contest is open to all children in standards 3-8.
- The entry must be the child’s work. If we find identical reviews by multiple writers, both reviews will be disqualified.
- Only one entry per student is allowed.
- Entries should be 200-500 words and be typed. We do not accept photos of children’s written work.
- Illustrations can be of any media, hand-drawn or otherwise. Send us a photo of the picture.
- Write the student’s name, school, grade, teacher’s name, and book title in the email’s body. The book review should contain only the title of the book.
- The judges’ decision is final. We will not consider any correspondence questioning the decision.
- The first prize is an amazon gift card of ₹1000.00 for each standard.
- The second prize is an amazon gift card of ₹ 500.00 for each standard.
- There will be ten certificates of participation for each standard.
- Winners will be announced on September 30th, 2023.
- The winning entries and other selected reviews will be published on our website, www.forallourkids.com.
Reviews should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
No reviews will be accepted after the deadline. If you have any questions, please write to email@example.com