We at For All Our Kids rewrote the traditional fairy tales with an Indian twist and shared these as podcasts.
Take Jaiki and the Beanstalk, for example! The Giant’s castle rests on the clouds in the Indian skies. No wonder Jaiki is puzzled when the Giant smells the blood of an Englishman. As he says, “We have Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Odia, Bhil, Gond, Lambada, Irula, Manipuri, Assamese….” For All Our Kids is ready to publish the story of ‘Jaiki and the Beanstalk’ as a flipbook on our site. Towards this end, we have an illustration contest for school children in classes 1-6.
What do the children do?
- Listen to all three episodes of Jaiki and the Beanstalk.
- Illustrate their favourite part of the story on an A4 paper using only colour pencils. We will not accept work done using any other medium.
Please note: This is not the traditional Jack and the Beanstalk fairy tale. The story is set in India, and the characters are mostly Indian. Your artwork should reflect the adaptation. So if you don’t listen to the podcasts, your illustrations will not be on topic.
What does the adult have to do?
- Follow our Facebook page and Instagram account
- Scan the images at 300 dpi. (Photographs will not be accepted)
- Fill out the google form with your child’s details.
- Mail the pdf of the illustration to email@example.com
What will we do with your images?
We will select sixteen (16) images from all the submissions and use them to create our flipbook. Selection is based on originality, imagination, and how your artwork reflects the story. Your work will be credited in the flipbook. If your artwork is chosen, we will ask you to mail your original to us.
Directions for the images:
- Images must be on A4 paper.
- Draw on the entire page using bright colours.
- Do not add details along the edges of the page, as they may get cut off while being formatted.
- Use only colour pencils to create the original artwork.
- Illustrations must be vertical (up/down), not horizontal.
Entries that do not follow the guidelines and the official rules will be disqualified.
When is the last date to submit your artwork?
December 31st, 2022.
- All submissions must be original artwork created by children. Images that are copies of other fairy tale illustrations or colouring pages from books or online sites will be disqualified.
- Contestants must be legal residents of India or citizens of India.
- Only one submission per contestant.
- Submissions must be received by November 30th, 2022.
Contest results will be announced on our Facebook page and Instagram on January 31st, 2023.
The sixteen artists whose illustrations are selected will each receive an Amazon Gift Card worth ₹ 2500.00.
The judges’ results are final. For All Our Kids will not reply to anyone asking to reconsider, nor will it accept recommendations. We will not reply to any queries about the prizes.
For All Our kids will contact the recipients directly by email. The results will also be posted on our Facebook and Instagram accounts on January 31st, 2023.
By submitting their work for the contest, the contestants grants to For All Our Kids a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publish, delete, make derivative works from, or display such Submission, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised and for any purpose.
By entering the Contest, the parent or legal guardian of each contestant who contributed to the Submission has agreed that the contestant’s work may be submitted to this Contest and that For All Our Kids may use the Submission on a gratis and royalty-free basis in any media and for any purpose, as described herein.
Click here for the story:
Click here for the entry form:
Send your art to: